Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes












We had the honor of shooting a charity event for Hillsides.org, a foster children care and advocacy non-profit based in Pasadena. The Foster Soles event is an annual fund raising auction featuring signed celebrity shoes. A List celebs like Denzel Washington, Jake Gyllenhaal, Shia LaBeouf & Elton John (and dozens more) all chipped in with a pair of signed kicks for the event. And yes, there were hired goons there to make sure no one ran off with Jennifer Love-Hewitt's mile-high silver stilettos (not that you'd make it half a block without breaking your neck).

Bar Celona on Colorado Boulevard hosted the event where well-healed locals mingled, sipped A-FREAKING-MAZING sangrias and feasted on a never ending array of tapas. The evening was capped off by a "Best in Show" shoe contest where attendees flaunted their best footwear. Now, I'm not a shoe snob, but I think I actually fell in love with a gorgeous pair of gossamer-thin black Jimmy Choo stiletto boots. Like, I might leave my husband to marry these shoes (see photos above). Luckily, they weren't my size.

-Catherine

No comments: