Monday, August 3, 2009

Life Gave Me Lemons



So, we went on a picnic Saturday night in honor of my birthday. What with it being summer and all, I thought it would be fun to make some simple, fresh treats to eat. Aside from home made Sangria (thanks Deanna!) and a Mediterranean spread from our local middle eastern market, I made a crazy good Herbs-de-Provence roasted onion and tomato to slather of french bread and sliced up some sweet summer watermelon for dessert. The secret ingredient to FANTASTIC watermelon is to add a big ol' squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top. The two flavors are perfect together.

Don't let me fool you... we also had vegan cupcakes, lemon shortbread cookies and cinnamon pinwheel cookies too, but I was too busy eating them to take any photos!

-Catherine

No comments: