Thursday, April 23, 2009

Card Tricks, Cross Dressers & Herd Nueroadvantage


















Yup... all this and more means another month of Mindshare.


As I've written before, mindshare is this crazy cocktail of science and art.... but there's been an unfortunate side effect. When I shoot, I lose all other perception... hunger, thirst, sense of hearing... it all goes away. I just see light and shape and how best to photograph it. But the moments in between, when I start talking to people, I want to talk more, but I can't because I need to shoot.

Anyway, I've thought about maybe next month just going for fun. Have some cocktails, play some 6-person atari-pong, and most of all, actually stand still and TALK to people for a while. I never really understood the whole social networking thing, but its crazy how many cool people I've met each month (you know who you are).

So we'll see... when May rolls around, I don't know if I'll shoot, or just relax for once and enjoy a night of enlightened debauchery.
-Catherine

No comments: