Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm sensing a theme...

Okay, so I know this is supposed to be a photography blog dedicated to weddings and events and such, but I seem to post a lot of photos of food. So sue me! In reviewing the last years posts, we've done a ton of charity and fun raising events this year.... and so it was this weekend.

I'm on the alumni board of my college www.msmc.la.edu and we threw a fundraising bake sale on campus to help raise money to adopt a needy family for Christmas. It was the first bake sale we'd done, so we were a little nervous about what kind of response we'd get. I spent all day Saturday baking... peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, mint chocolate chocolate chip cookies AND... Mexican Wedding Cookies (that's sort of wedding related, right?). And I spent all Saturday night worrying about the sale on Sunday. Would anybody buy our cookies?

To my great relief.... it was a GREAT success! Along with generous donations from fellow alums, our table was overflowing with goodies... and a few apples and pears just to make us look a little healthy. In two hours of selling, we raised just over $300! (I was afraid we'd only get $40 or so). I'm so thrilled knowing that we've made some family's Christmas a little brighter.

Anyhoo... here's a photo I took of the Wedding Cookies.... basically, sugar, flour, vanilla and tons of pecans rolled in powdered sugar. YUM.

-Catherine

1 comment: