Friday, October 30, 2009

I <3 Halloween!


Can we all agree that Halloween is THE BEST?! I mean seriously people.

Not the dress-like-a-tarted-up-nun Halloween.... and DEFINITELY not the Saw VI movie Halloween.... just the good ol' fashion spooky Halloween. I LOVE Jack-o-lanterns, the Great Pumpkin, the Legend of Sleepy Hallow... pumpkin carving, bobbing for apples, the crunch of fall leaves, the silvery full moon, the tacky orange pumpkin head candy pails, ghost stories, witches brew, warm mulled apple cider.....and most of all....plastic pullover costumes with stiflingly dangerous plastic masks with tiny eye and mouth cut outs.

I'm terrible at costumes.... I never really dress up.... but I tear up each morning when I drive past the pumpkin patch on Moorpark.... like I wanna load up all the orphan pumpkins and hay stacks in my car and bring them home so they have a warm place to stay on a cold Halloween night.

If you're lucky... you go to sleep that night with the sweet sting of sugar on your lips, piles of candy under your bed, and the faint hope that this is the year the Great Pumpkin will rise from the most sincere pumpkin patch... which just happens to be on the corner of Moorpark and Hazeltine.
-Catherine

No comments: