Friday, October 9, 2009

Toil & Trouble...

photo credit: Sweetina

Have you ever shopped on Etsy.com?

Well, you should!

Basically its and on-line shopping mall where crafty people post their goods for purchase at a set price. It's like going to the coolest boutique in town but finding pieces from across the country. The bonus... everything is reasonably priced!
You can choose from a list of categories: jewelry, baby clothes, art, etc or you can just put on a word search like "vintage sugar bowl" and EVERY dang cool sugar bowl in the country (869 to be exact) is at your fingertips! Sweet huh?

Get it, cuz its sugar?

In the past few months, I've gotten an AWESOME necklace, gardeners apron for my step-mom, a Munich Germany graphic print, and, my most recent acquisition... this SWEET Halloween Shadow Box from Sweetina http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6228309.
I mean seriously... have you EVER seen anything cooler!?!?!

When I logged onto Etsy, this just popped up in their scroll of new products available. It was LOVE at first site. Anyway... I can't wait to get home to hang it up!!! Plus it feels good to know I'm buying stuff from artists instead of mass produced stuff from Pottery Barn.
The holiday shopping season is upon us, so consider shopping http://www.etsy.com/!
(this is NOT a paid endorsement)
-Catherine

...and i'm so gunna steal this the first chance i get.
—d

3 comments:

Sweetina said...

I'm honored to have my shadow box and write-up on your blog~you're a Doll and I'm thrilled that you're happy with the Shadowbox!
Happy Trick or Treat!
xox Tina

Unknown said...

I have three stores on etsy and do my gift shopping there now exclusively. I agree with buying direct from a really talented group of people and the money goes directly to them. Much more personal than going to a mall and being a cookie cutter person! Great article. Mary

Jan Thomason said...

tina is an amazing artist and a great representation of Etsy!